Friday, March 6, 2015

Announcing Renee Blare's New Novel, Beast of Stratton

He appears the beast but she sees his heart.

Architect Aimee Hart, determined to locate her father, infiltrates Miles Stratton’s engineering firm as a secretary. Her presence wrenches the shaggy, wounded man from his penthouse, and the quest begins.

He’s been betrayed by his best friend. Miles would rather hide than help, especially Hart’s daughter. But it isn’t over. Someone’s trying to destroy Stratton Industrial. A war veteran, he knows how to defend his own. The Beast of Stratton can do it again.

Renee is offering a digital copy or signed paperback copy of Beast of Stratton to one person who leaves a comment with your e-mail address. I suggest, in order to avoid having your address copied by a roving bot in cyberland, you follow the form of my address here: LeeCarver2(at)aol(dot)com This is a brand new novel coming out on March 11, 2015. If you really enjoy the novel, you're so welcome to share a review on Amazon.com, Goodreads.com, your own FaceBook, Twitter, and any other avenue of advertisement. Purchase the book in print or Kindle at Amazon .

Welcome to "Truth in Fiction," Renee. I found your book to be filled with high emotion, dark mystery, and dramatic fluctuation of moods. Industrial intrigue leads to romance. Please tell us in what genre this new novel fits. When I began writing Beast of Stratton, I would’ve called it a contemporary suspense. As I wrote it, the plot evolved. It changed. A puzzle began to form within the story. It was literally like following a trail of breadcrumbs to the end. How would I classify it now? Romantic Suspense with a very strong mystery component.

Does Beast of Stratton have an inspirational thread? Yes. All of my books have an inspirational message. It may not be glaring or pounded from a pulpit, but it’s there.

That's definitely the best way to share a message. We don't need pulpit-pounding in our pleasure reading. How would you condense your theme? That God’s with you no matter what. Even when you don’t hear Him or possibly don’t want to. His love and strength can overcome any battles or obstacles you may face.

You’ve written with powerful verbs, every action dramatic and forceful. This isn’t the trait of a beginning novelist. How did you learn this skill? Believe it or not, I haven’t had many writing courses except for college and a creative writing course I took online. What you see is from years and years of reading. I also absorb everything I hear from fellow writers and put it into practice. I liken myself to a sponge. LOL I decided a long time ago I would never stop learning.

You’re a pharmacist. Do you involve pharmacy in your plots? Now that you mention it, yes, I do. In To Soar on Eagle’s Wings (my next novel due out in July), one of the characters is a pharmacist. The pharmacy isn’t prominent in that particular story but is used in a scene or two.

What are you working on now? I’m actually working on a novella for Prism Book Group called Racing Hearts. It’s a wonderful story of trust and faith in God and love.
Here’s a little bit about it…
Full of hope for the future, a young couple sets off on a new adventure. They welcome their home with open arms. The mountains glisten, the lakes sparkle, and a new life grows. But challenges soon arise and their fresh love faces a trial of almost insurmountable odds.
For the two Christians, placing the fate of their unborn child in the hands of God seems rather easy, but trusting each other? That may prove to be the challenge of a lifetime…as hearts race in the Rocky Mountains.

That sounds like another good one. You're part of a beautiful cooperative blog, “The Diamond Mine of Christian Fiction.” Please tell us about it. The Diamond Mine’s a group blog that my critique group, Rough Diamond Writers started. We wanted to provide a place to highlight Christian Fiction. To dig among the many gems of Christian authors, put them out there for the world to see, and let them shine. We interview authors about what makes them tick, their works (new and old), display their latest work for a month, and host giveaways. It’s a lot of fun.

When you’re not writing, what do you do for pleasure and relaxation? I still love to read. In fact, when I go fishing with my husband, most of the time I laze on the shore and read a book. LOL Now that my shoulder’s fixed, I can pull my bow back, although I won’t be able to hunt with it for a while. I’m still pretty weak. Someday, I may be able to do that again. Yes, I like to hunt deer…whitetail to be exact. I do live in Wyoming. But give me a beach and blue water and I’m in heaven.

What type of book do you most like to read for your own enjoyment? I’m a sucker for a good Scottish romance. Toss in a romantic suspense or even a historical…say, medieval or renaissance? Hey, I’ve got a good two or three days of relaxation. I read really fast. Like I said before, I’ve been reading forever. 

Author bio
Raised in Louisiana and Wyoming, Renee started writing poetry in junior high school and that, as they say, was that. After having her son, a desire to attend pharmacy school sent her small family to Laramie and she’s been counting pills ever since. While writing’s her first love, well, after the Lord and her husband, she also likes to fish and hunt as well as pick away on her classical guitar.
Nestled against the Black Hills with her husband, crazy old dog and ornery cat, she serves the community of northeastern Wyoming as a pharmacist and pens her Christian stories, keeping them interesting with action and intrigue, of course. She loves to interact with readers and invites you check out her website, blog, and social media.
Blogs: Renee’s Inspirational Moments
The Diamond Mine of Christian Fiction
Website: www.ReneeBlare.com
Social Media: Twitter.com/ReneeBlare, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr: The Journey

And now a sample of Beast of Stratton to whet the appetites of our readers:
Copyright 2015 © Renee Blare

He’d vanished.
She’d called his friends, the family. She’d even tried her stepmother who’d hung up on her. Well, okay, maybe that wasn’t the brightest idea.
A red rose rolled across her father’s tattered note, caught in the breeze from the open window. Sliding the pane down, she picked up the flower. The words on the page blurred as she buried her nose in the soft petals.
Instead of saying goodbye to his wife in his last letter, he’d simply left explicit instructions not to follow him. Aimee snorted. Like the woman would care. He’d sent it with the rose and an antique necklace. She held the thick chain aloft and peered at the golden key spinning in the light. The jewelry had probably cost a fortune.
And her stepmother was nowhere to be found. Scratch that. According to her, she wanted to be left alone. It didn’t make a difference to Aimee what the letter said and to whom, she’d follow. A small smile worked its way to her lips as she fastened the necklace around her neck.
The zipper stuck on the edge of the suitcase and she gave it a hard jerk. Dragging the bulging bag off the bed, it hit the floor with a thunk. She slid her arms into her jacket and looped her purse over the handle. She dropped the rose, and it landed beside her plane ticket next to her wallet. Before latching her fingers around her bag, she tucked the key under her shirt out of sight. “Stratton Industrial, here I come.”

10 comments:

Ann Ellison said...

This sounds like a really good one that I would enjoy. thanks for the chance to win a copy.

Ann Ellison
abilene_nana(a)yahoo(dot)com.

Renee Blare said...

Hi Ann,
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you love it as much as I loved writing it. :)

God bless!
Renee

gail Kittleson said...

Hi Renee and Lee. I read more historical fiction than contemporary, but this plot and the teaser piqued my interest. I also enjoyed hearing about your career(s), Renee, and the Diamond Mine. What a great idea! I'll check it out.

Gail Kittleson

gkittleson at myomnitel (dot) com

Renee Blare said...

Hi Gail. Thanks for swinging by. I hope you love Beast of Stratton. Please check out the Diamond Mine. We'd love to see you!

Katie Edgar said...

This looks interesting! I have not read your books yet, I will have to add you to my TBR list! Thanks for this opportunity! Katie katie07edgar(at)gmail(dot).oom

Polly D said...

Renee...I've been waiting on your book 'forever'....well maybe not forever but!! so excited for what the future holds for you and for us, your soon to be dedicated readers! My best to you!

Janet K Brown said...

I liked the excerpt, Renee. Thanks, Lee, for sharing. I would love to win thee book. JanetDOThopeATattDOTnet

Mikal said...

This sounds like a great story! Thank you for the opportunity!

Mikal
mhermanns(at)cox(dot)net

KayM said...

I enjoyed the interview and the excerpt. Thank you for an opportunity to win a copy of Beast of Stratton. It sounds like a fun book to read.
may_dayzee(at)yahoo(dot)com

Renee Blare said...

I'm not surprised you haven't read any of my books. This is my debut. But don't worry, I have more coming! I'm so glad you like it. ;)